There are four types of tulsi mentioned in ayurvedic texts ie Rama, Krishna, Vana & Kapoor Tulsi.
For over the centuries Tulsi (the queen of herbs) has been known for its remarkable healing properties.
- Tulsi is taken as the herbal tea.
- The oil extracted from the Karpoora Tulsi is mostly used in the herbal toiletry. Its oil is also used against the insects and bacteria.
- The Rama Tulsi is the effective remedy for the Severe acute Respiratory Syndrome. Juice of its leaves gives relief in cold, fever, bronchitis and cough.
- Tulsi oil is also used as the ear drop.
- Tulsi helps in curing malaria.
- It is very effective against indigestion, headache, hysteria, insomnia and cholera.
- The fresh leaves of Tulsi are taken by the million of people everyday.
- Many people wears the Tulsi beads, which is said to have certain physical and medicinal properties.